Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Opportunities!

Hello Friends,

It does take an effort to keep this blog updated. And as it happens oftentimes, I keep forgetting the password. After a handful 'trial and errors' I have finally gotten into my page. Only this time I have noted in my Bible so that I won't have to be randomly scribbling to refresh my memory.

This year's worship conference is scheduled in the last week of October. We are hoping to bring in some young bands to lead worship during our 'Evening Worship Explosion'. J4J Acoustic Band that I lead will of course be the main worship band leading the conference worship. We are also hoping to repeat some previous workshops (There has been few requests from friends and several churches) that will be like a continuation of what happened in 2007.

Besides the plan to host 'Worship Conference 08', I have been writing and composing new worship songs that I am hopeful to have it recorded for my 2nd solo worship CD. Please keep me in your prayers. I have few jumpy songs that has the flavor of a gospel-blues-rock n roll. Pretty unique as I analyze myself the songs that God has inspired me to write. Anyway, I am looking forward to recording sometime soon.

Beginning tomorrow we will be tightening our belts to host the 50th year anniversary of the Christian Bookstore of Okinawa Baptist Convention. We have invited Pastor Bill Wilson of Metro Ministries, New York to grace the anniversary by bringing God's message to our people here in Okinawa. His books have been a blessing to me and other Pastors as well. Our main event is on the 25th of May, at Okinawa Civic Hall. May 25th is also special because it happens to be my wife's birthday. Hopefully we can have time to celebrate her birthday.

Anyway, new opportunities to serve the Lord and the excitement never fades. Amen!

Never taking off our eyes from the cross.

Ciao!

Vee